- No relief in lead time reduction, ramp up in demand continues to drive increases in lead times and shortages in wafer/substrates (we are seeing some component lead times at 52 weeks+).
- Overall market outlook for March through to December 2021 remains robust due to high-value growth opportunities in automotive electronics, telecommunications infrastructure and 5G handsets.
- Global Shortage of components is predicted to worsen due to semiconductor manufacturing plants in Austin being shut down due to snowstorm.
- Lack of Sea Freight availability is increasing transportation costs and adding to overall delivery times from Asia into Europe.
- Customers are being advised to place order schedules out to at least Q4 2021 as lead times from most suppliers are being pushed further out.